[Jukebox-list] Wurlitzer 1015 bubble tubes

david wendell dwaw12 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 18 03:03:17 PST 2007

Hi,
I have always thought the liquid in the bubble tubes
is Methyl Chloride.  I am uncertain and can't wait for
someone who knows to tell us for sure.  That would be
the same liquid in many effective paint strippers, I
believe.

Broken bubble tubes are a mess.  When Victory Glass
first started selling them the packing was not so good
or I was just unlucky.  They came broken and it was
really ugly.  Broken tubes inside the machine seem to
damage the painted plastics and wood.  I am hoping one
never breaks inside the house; I am sure the carpet
would really suffer (and me too!).

Some 1015's had bubble tubes go away and Twistys
replaced them.  Just twisted plastic rods shaped like
a bubble tube.

Did the Government really ban bubble tubes at one
time?  The bubble Christmas lights are sure nice.  It
seems like some company made really neat advertising
with bubble tube letters.

They also made neon letters that way, very attractive.
 I have a friend with a bunch of those.  You can have
different colors and spell words for advertising by
plugging them into a special base.

David Wendell