[Jukebox-list] Re: Rockola 477 (Max)

Gregor Anich blight at blight.eu.org
Mon Oct 29 20:27:10 PDT 2007

Hi!

I have a 477 to work on too, now. The mech seems to be exactly the same as in
a 478 (they also have the same service manual afaik)

The opto board is not really related to the "home" position i think - it is
the microswitch. Since you said it was ok, something else might be the
problem.
One thing that comes to my mind is a shorted motor driver - I think the box
uses triacs (or maybe FETs?) for the motors (dunno if they are AC or DC)
If the driver is ok, then it is probably the thing controlling the driver -
the "mech board" - all controlling is done by a MCU on this board afaik.
The MCU could be damaged, or it's power supply missing (which would probably
lead to a damaged MCU) or only the clock generator not working or maybe many
other things.

Since I don't have much experience with jukes I don't know where the problem
most likely is.

Does the SCAN switch work as expected? (do nothing if "off", rotate the basket
if "scan")

hope this helps,
 -greg